Sunday 2 June 2013

Only Human

Published: June 1, 2013

Sex offenders deserve love, help

"Churches shouldn't spurn the sinners

I am a licensed marriage and family therapist certified to provide court ordered sex offender assessments and treatment. Most of my clients are extremely socially isolated. I have indicated to those in my treatment group that they are welcome to come to my church.

Recently I was pleased when a member of my sex offender treatment group accepted my invitation to attend my church. Because he was required by his probation officer to notify the church's leadership of his desire to attend the church, I arranged a meeting to introduce him to our pastor and the moderator of the cabinet."

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/06/01/2661265/sex-offenders-deserve-love-help.html

No comments:

Post a Comment